Room 204 Wishlist
The following are things that we either regularly need in room 204 or wish we had in room 205. If you are a local business want to support our reading program please see the list of box sets below.
If you are a parent it is not expected that you purchase anything on this comprehensive “wishlist” (we’re not in dire need of anything). However, as parents continue to ask me “what do you want/need”?, I thought I’d oblige and make a comprehensive list. As items from these lists are acquired I will make sure to update the list. Any link that redirects to Amazon will go through an affiliate link. That doesn’t change your cost or the purchase process, but it does mean that I will make a small commission on your purchase as the referrer. Any money made through these affiliate sales will be used to purchase more books for the students of room 205.
How to Donate
If you are purchasing a book, a book set or any of the supplies listed below from Amazon (or anywhere else) you can send them directly from Amazon to the school:
Tyler Christensen (Room 205)
George Washington Academy
2277 S 3000 E, St. George, UT 84790
If you want to make a financial contribution (to be used for books or supplies) you can click on the donate button below and specify what you want the funds to be used for. Thank you for considering a donation to our classroom.
For the students who complete the Platinum Level in Reading (read 50 books during school year including 10 non-fiction) I will be giving them a Book Set of their choice. While I am slowly acquiring most of these sets a book at a time (used), I would love to get brand new hardcover copies if possible. The following box sets are the ones my students are most interested in getting as rewards:
- Harry Potter (7 Book set, $125 on Amazon)
- Land of Stories (6 Book set, $90 on Amazon)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Books 1-10, $76 on Amazon)
- Roald Dahl (11 Book Set, $90 on Amazon)
- Inheritance Cycle (4 Book set, $75 on Amazon)
- Michael Vey (7 Book set, $76 on Amazon)
- Percy Jackson (5 Book set, $65 on Amazon)
- Financial Book Bundle
- Captain Underpants (11 Books, $220 on Amazon)
- Matt Christopher Book Bundle
- Janitors (5 Book set, not yet available in hardcover)
These are the supplies that are regularly used in the classroom and occasionally run out if not re-stocked.
In-Class Library Books
I try to make it to the D.I. 1-2 times each week to look for used books to add to our classroom collection and/or to use as rewards for good behavior. Last year I purchased nearly 1000 books (and gave away most of them), but I’m still missing quite a few that would complete series that we have as well as many of the award winning books. Here is a comprehensive list for those books that I am looking for for our classroom library.
- Alexander, Kwame – Booked (Beehive)
- Alexander, Kwame – The Crossover (Newberry)
- Alexander, Lloyd – The Book of Three (Patriot)
- Auxier, Jonathan – Fall of the Beasts 4, The Burning Tide
- Bader, Bonnie – Who Was Christopher Columbus
- Applegate, Katherine – The One and Only Ivan (Newberry)
- Armstrong, William – Sounder (Newberry)
- Bardugo, Leigh – Six of Crows (Beehive)
- Barnes, Jennifer – The Fixer (Beehive)
- Barnhill, Kelly – The Girl Who Drank the Moon (Newberry)